Friday, May 23, 2014

Why The 1975 Show Was The Best and The Worst

I'm sure y'all are already huge fans of The 1975, so I'm not going to sit here and tell you about their music, because that could take all day. Instead I'll tell you a little bit about my experience at their show in Columbus, Ohio a couple of weeks ago.


I'm going to try to keep my complaints to a minimum, because I do get that it was a general admission show. I've been to shows- big and small, and while I'm used to getting pushed and shoved I don't think I'll ever get used to just general rudeness. I'm by no means an old lady, I mean I'm only 22, but I definitely felt like a mom. I GET IT, MATTY IS ATTRACTIVE Y'ALL, please don't yell things at him, he's just trying to make music for ya.

-Moving on-

I say this, A LOT, but this show was one of the best I've been to... EVER. We wound up being secondish row and surprisingly stayed there for most of the show. The openers were awesome, Amber and I were both huge fans of Sir Sly, and Bad Suns were good too (huge Rooney vibes from them). Once The 1975 finally got onstage, it was hard to contain our excitement. I was so happy I got to hear my favorite song "so far (it's alright)". Their stage performance--AMAZING. I really don't know what else to say because as cliche as it sounds, it really was indescribable. Matty had said that it was their biggest headlining show in the U.S., and kept asking us if we knew that they were the headlining band. I just get a lot of happiness from humbleness, and it was awesome to see the excitement on their faces.

Long story short- go see the band, I promise you won't regret it!

-Tay

What is the best show you guys have been to lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment