Monday, July 14, 2014

Favorite Foods of Summer

I love food.  I mean who doesn't?  It seems like everything is planned around it.  Vacations, family reunions, holidays ... the list is endless.




These are in no particular order because that would be way to hard.

1.  Zucchinni.
I love it fried, baked or grilled.  I take full advantage that my mom grows them in her garden every year.


2. Melons.
Cannot go wrong with watermelon and cantaloupe.  I love being able to get these fresh and local during the summer months.  They are so refreshing on a hot summer's day.


3.  Burgers.
Literally one of my favorite foods any time of year.  Burgers taste even better in the summer though, just because it feels right. 

This is from one of my all time favorite burger joints - Bru Burger Bar in Indianapolis, IN



4. Ice Cream.
I've never not liked ice cream, but for some reason, this summer I have been obsessed with it.  It is summer so I'm giving my self free reign to let myself have it if the opportunity present itself.

This particular cone is from Graeter's - A Cincinnati based Ice Cream Company ... and it is amazing

5. S'mores.
Obviously s'mores are a summer staple.  I prefer to the get my marshmallow heated all the way through as if you're getting it golden brown .... then set it on fire and scorch it.  My favorite personal touch is adding peanut butter. YUM.



I hope you all are enjoying your summer and the delicious foods that come along with it!

-Amber






1 comment: