Sunday, February 23, 2014

How Disney Can Change Your Life


Hey guys! So I was going back and forth between different topics to write about this month and this month my Post Disney Depression (P.D.D) has been off the charts so I thought it would be a good topic! For anyone who doesn't know this about me, I've actually spent almost a combined year down in Orlando, Florida doing internships for the company, and since it's application season I thought I'd let you guys know why you should apply and change your life!









So, as long as I can remember, Disney has been one of the most influential factors in my life. I don't say this often, but... Will Anderson actually has a point.





My disney career started off in the spring of 2012, where I worked in Magic Kingdom merchandise at Liberty Square! I had the worst outfit possible- floor length corseted gown with a bonnet. I was there from January through June and was so nervous, but apparently I had fun because I have recently returned from my second internship where I worked front desk at the All-Star Resorts.

This isn't going to be me trying to convince you to apply- because only you can make that decision, but I thought I'd mention all the things fun things that being a Disney intern allowed me to do!

1.) PARKS-
You get free access to all of the theme parks, and I definitely took advantage of it. I even got to go to the parks on my birthday last year!


2. FREE TICKETS- 
Kind of on the same page, but you also get a few free tickets to use for your friends and family. I was lucky enough to have some of the DWIFOS come and visit me while I was down there. Because of that I've created so many memories.
3. FREE/CHEAP RANDOM ACTIVITIES!
There is ALWAYS stuff going on for interns. While I was down there I got to go on a backstage tour of The Haunted Mansion and to my very first hockey game. They even host a formal and housing parties which are always memorable-whether good or bad ;)

and last but CERTAINLY not least

4.FRIENDSHIPS
It's cheesy, but true. You will meet some of the greatest people while spending a semester at the place where dreams come true. You'll learn a lot about living with people, and if it's your first time living that far away from home it will definitely be an eye opening experience!



I'm not saying the Disney College Program is for everybody, because for every pro there is a con, but if you allow it to be it can be the greatest experience of your life. If you're looking for an internship, or even just a ticket away from home for 5 months definitely look into it! 

Also, if you have 5 minutes, take a look at this video. I have watched it probably 10 times and still can't watch it without crying. 

If you want to apply: http://cp.disneycareers.com/en/default/ 
IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!


-Tay


No comments:

Post a Comment