Thursday, January 23, 2014

3 MUSICAL YOUTUBE CHANNELS YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT.

Hey guys- so it's no secret that I'm addicted to the internet, YouTube in particular. I mean it's been about a year and a half since we started DWIFO vlogs, and I've stumbled across a fair share of videos in my day, both good and bad. Lately, in between catching up on Vlogmas and the newest Marcus Butler video, I have been spiraling out of control. This usually happens after 1am when I have about a million other more important things to do, but it's totally worth it because out comes a new musician I can obsess over. I thought I'd be gracious and spread the wealth, so y'all can watch cover after cover with me. So here we go- 3 musicians' youtube channels you need to check out.
Also yeah, there's a pattern with these three, what can I say... I like what I like. :)

1.) Tom Longhurst- Facebook/Twitter/YouTube
So I'll start with the newest obsession. So a few weeks ago, I was watching R5's cover of Girls by The 1975 (hey this is a no judgement zone), and in the related videos I see a thumbnail of a young blond fellow with an acoustic guitar and I did what any sane twenty-something would do. Obviously I clicked it, and then clicked replay for no exaggeration..., AN HOUR STRAIGHT. I would say this was one of my deepest spirals, I watched all of his videos that night, and the kicker was that even his original songs are amazing. Seriously check him out, he deserves any and all attention he gets!


2.) Zach Day- Instagram/Twitter/YouTube
So this one's a little different, I actually didn't find him on the internet-I met him while waiting in a long line in the Florida heat while doing group readings of bad Harry Potter fanfic, so if that's not reason enough for you to fall in love with him, I don't know what is. I didn't know he could sing until I saw his Facebook posts and boy was I surprised. The riffs from that boy! WHEW! Love that his Kentucky roots show through in some of his covers. Check out his Instagram for short covers, and his YouTube channel for the full-length ones. Keep an eye out for this boy on American Idol this spring! 



So I feel like everyone knows about this guy by now, but I thought I'd go ahead and talk about him just in case some of y'all slipped through the cracks. One of my long-time favorites, his covers and originals alike are all unique and beautiful! I'm going to keep it short and sweet about Tyler, but I couldn't make this little list without mentioning him in there somewhere. 





...Until next month
-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment