Wednesday, April 23, 2014

My 17 Favorite Hanson Songs

SURPRISE! I'm a Hanson fan! 




I can guarantee anyone I've ever come in contact with in the last 17 years already knows that, but for those of y'all that are new.... there you go. Middle of Nowhere- ya know... Mmmbop, turns 17 next month. That's right, SEVENTEEN. If it was a human it would be driving and getting ready to be graduating high school, and that's insane to me. In May, half of Dwifo is going to Hanson's "Members Only Event" in Tulsa, Oklahoma and I thought what better way to celebrate its 17th birthday, than listing my 17 favorite Hanson songs!



Here we go...


17. Mmmbop- I couldn't have this list without including the song that started it all! Sure, it's annoying being the only thing people know them for, but it's nostalgic and just makes me happy!

16. Watch Over Me- I'm not the biggest fans of "Isaac songs", but this one is one of my favorites! It was always my mom's favorite Hanson song, and her constant listening grew me to love it as well!

15. Every Word I Say- I can remember getting the "Live and Electric" album and listening to only this song, over and over again. The drums at the beginning just make you feel good, and I still can't get enough of it!

14. Save Me- For a long time, This Time Around was my favorite album, and this song is why! If you haven't played the beginning of this song over and over again just to hear Taylor's growl at the beginning, you're lying! I remember hearing this song for the first time live in 2010 in Chicago and just shaking.

13. Live Forever- This song is one of those Member's Only Kit songs that I wish more would have been done with. It's from the walk era, which is my favorite and every time I listen I just think of the Taking the Walk podcasts, and it's just a simple, good, song.

12. Stories- This song is from the pre-middle of nowhere times and every time I hear it I just think of Tulsa, Oklahoma. It was a great song when they were babies, and still a great song when they sing it now.

11. Fire On The Mountain- Live Learn Life Love Die Dust Gone. That's about all you need to know.

10. Lost Without Each Other- If I'm trying to get a dude to not hate Hanson, this is the song I pick. It's a good song to convert, and a fun song to hear live. 

9. Dirrrty- Not a Hanson song, but arguably the best cover they've ever done. Look it up on youtube, THE GROWLS THAT CAME FROM MID-2000'S HANSON ARE UNDENIABLE.

8. Runaway Run- It will get stuck in your head, but that's what's good about it. My friends freak out each and every time they hear it live. Ask Amber-They got TWO shows!

7. Speechless- Another nostalgic song- pretty much the reason Bobbi and I are as good of friends as we are. The #SPEECHLESSINCOLUMBUS campaign consumed so much of our time the summer of 2010, and who knows if it actually worked or if it was just luck, but we got to hear it that night! 

6. Been There Before- I really don't know what to say about this song except it's just GOOD. The Walk album in its entirety is just one I'll never stop loving. It made 15 year old me feel good, and it still makes 22 year old me feel good.

5. Tonight- When Anthem came out, and they started releasing tracks early this is the one that let me know how emotional that album would make me. Don't slip old song titles into the lyrics and expect me not to cry about it Hanson!

4. I Am- The lyrics from I Am created so many Myspace bulletin titles it's not even funny. 

3. Bittersweet- I'm gonna go ahead and say it- Facing The Blank Page was a breath of fresh air after Shout it Out. Not trying to totally put down SIO, but it just wasn't the Hanson I loved. At the 2011 Member's Only Event, when they played Bittersweet I just CRIED. I had never heard the song before and it's just a pretty song.

2. Already Home- Another emotional Anthem song. I'll always have the memory of being on a road trip with my girls the weekend it came out, reading the lyrics to this song out loud, and just being the emotional teeny boppers we are. 

1. Georgia- I wish I knew what it was about this song that makes me love it so much. It's the most played song in my entire iTunes library and it's one of those songs that I'll never be able to skip if it starts playing. 


Now that you've seen my favorite Hanson songs, what are yours?




...Here's to another 17 years! 


-Tay

2 comments:

  1. i smiled the whole time i was reading this. dangit hanson, why do you make me love you so much?!
    good post, tay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me thinking now what my top ones would be. All I can think is how hard it would be to choose! But I do know "When You're Gone" is at the top. HANSON FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete